How to start a food business in Australia?
Starting a business is an exciting time in most people lives. It is also very daunting and there are many pressures that go along with this. One of the things many new business owners don’t put much time into, is the plumbing on the new premises, or the existing shop they want to take over. If you are looking at buying an existing business you need to think about a few things. If you are wanting to start a new food retail business from scratch, then there are some hoops you will need to jump through to get your new project off the ground. Having this knowledge up front can be invaluable to avoiding a lot of pain, and financial strain through this process.
We are here to help anyone that wants to know more about any plumbing related issues for every sort of food business. We provide custom solutions to help you in your own individual way to suit your circumstances. So what exactly do you need to know so you can get the best information for plumbing on how to start a food business in Australia?
Some questions to consider –
- Do you need a greasetrap?
- Does the existing owner have an adequate greasetrap already installed for this tenancy?
- Is the existing greasetrap of an adequate size for this tenancy?
- Will the local council authority want an upgrade to the existing greasetrap?
- What are the local rules in regard to having a combi-steaming oven? Also called a steaming rack oven.
- Do I need a floor waste if I have a coldroom?
- Will I need bucket traps in the floor waste grates, or basket wastes in the sinks?
- How much hot water is enough to run my whole kitchen when we are busy?
- Do I need a water filter for my appliances?
- What is better – LP Gas or Natural (town) gas?
- What type of tapware is suitable?
There are many things to consider, so please give us a call or send us an email, and we can certainly look to assist you with ytour enquiry and support you in your new venture.
The Citi Plumbing Team.